Do you want your own space where you can come and go as you please, bring in your own equipment and make as much noise as you'd like any time you want? Then, you're looking for a standard lockout space. Here, you pay a monthly fee and the space is yours and yours alone. This is our most popular option, but it's not all we have.
When you opt for a band share, you pay a monthly fee and you get 1 or 2 nights per week in the band share space. The space is equipped with a PA system and a set of drums. You bring your own guitars, keyboards and amps. When you sign up for a band share, you choose your weekly slot. For example you could take Mondays from 6:30pm to 10:30pm and that is your time every week. It's a fantastic option for bands who only practice once per week and do not want to commit financially to a lockout space.
It's also great for bands that want some gear provided for them. At Taylor Sound in Saint Louis Park, we have the most convenient load in possible. Just pull into our load in garage and walk down a short hallway to your space. You're out of the weather and it's all on one floor.
Weekly, Daily or Hourly
Maybe you just want to jam with a friend for a couple hours or audition a new player. Maybe you're on the road and want to write some new songs or work up a new set. Then, hourly rehearsal is for you. We can customize your rehearsal experience by providing you back line equipment. We can do large tech rehearsals for touring bands. We can accommodate almost any rehearsal need, including, green room, catering, running and more.
You just want to practice your drums for an hour or two a few times per week. Then buy 15 hours of drum practice for $100! We provide you with a key and an access card to our drum rooms. We give you access to our online calendars. You look at the calendar and see an open slot. Text or call and let us know you're coming and you're in. Once you're set up, it's hassle free.
Procedure for Renting
- Take a tour of the facility and speak to a staff member. If you can’t take a tour, contact us via email, phone or text. We’ll explain it all. Or just look over the website. It’s full of good info.
- Decide what fits your needs: monthly, daily, hourly or a package.
- Sign a contract. We can email you a contract or you can sign in person.
- Make a payment. (4 Options)• Option 1 – Call Taylor Sound with a credit/debit card
• Option 2 – Make a PayPal payment on the payment page
• Option 3 – Stop by with cash, check or plastic – Contact Perry 612-315-9143 or [email protected] to schedule an appointment • Option 4 – Request an invoice by email. You can pay with a credit/debit card or ACH (automatic bank transfer)
- If it’s an hourly booking, request your desired time slot by email or phone. When your scheduled time arrives, come to the studio. One of our staff members will meet you with a set of keys, so you can access your space during your rehearsal slot.
- If it’s a monthly or a weekly Band Share option, you will meet with a staff member to get your keys and key cards sometime before your tenancy starts. From there on, you will have access to your space during your tenancy.
How does a band share work?
Band shares come with a drumset and a PA system with 3 mics. Bands bring in and load out amps, guitars and whatever auxiliary equipment they might need.
Lockers can be rented for $75/mo. Lockers can hold one band’s entire setup, including drums.
Band shares can be used when you aren’t ready to make a long term commitment. They are also very convenient because we provide the PA and the drums.
We have 4 options:
1. $195/mo (most popular)
1 night per week. For example, Mondays from 7-10pm. Use it or lose it.
1 night per week with flex option. Contact Taylor Sound to move your time slot to another open slot if you can’t make your regular time.
2x per week. Use it or lose it.
2x per week with flex.
One-off Rehearsals and Packages
Packages can be a maximum of 5 hours. If you only want to play for a couple hours, cool, but it’s still the same price.
BAND SHARE A is 16’X16′ (1-4 members):
1 rehearsal is $90
2 rehearsals are $150
4 rehearsals are $250
BAND SHARE B is 25’x11′ (1-7 members):
1 rehearsal is $120
2 rehearsals are $200
4 rehearsals are $275
BAND SHARE C is 25’X30′ (5 or more members):
1 rehearsal is $150
2 rehearsals are $250
4 rehearsals are $400
15 hours for $100 (time to be used within 60 days)
Touring Band Rehearsal Rider
For touring bands, please visit the Touring Band Rehearsal Rider page.